Friday 22 June 2012

The Blessings of Pain

I am grateful for trigeminal neuralgia (TN) and the other pains I experience (mainly arthritic and migraine) which have taught me the invaluable lesson of slowing down, getting off the gravy train, as it were, reassessing why I am here and what life is all about.

Without these severe and ongoing 'intrusions' into my life, I would still be chasing empty dreams without knowing why or where I was going. Rather than experiencing and exploring my pain, I would be suffering desperately and collapsing under its weight . Instead of being able to observe from the outside without the distractions of 'work', 'commitments' and 'duties', I would still be trapped in the matrix of 'convention', unable to see myself clearly let alone find a way out. Without the pain, I would not have found the strength and commitment to search for holistic healing within.

TN and other pains have released me from the bonds of conventionality into a wonderful, painful yet fulfilling evolution where spiritual and emotional growth are just as valued, if not more so, than physical and mental growth.

Because of the blessings of neuralgia and rheumatoid arthritis, I feel more whole, focused and on the right path. I appreciate that it is often difficult to change the suffering mindset at first, but I hope, one day, we can all find the abundant blessings within our pain.

Blessings, patience and peace x

No comments: